ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Ted Constant Convocation Center (Norfolk, VA)
General Statement of Duties:
The AGM will work closely with the General Manager in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the Constant Center & Foreman Field at SB Ballard Stadium including event planning, sales, marketing, public relations, finance, human resources, event services, ticketing and operations. Supervision is exercised over professional staff that directs various sections in day-to-day operations. Further responsibility includes evaluation and development of recommendations to improve organizational administration, procedures, policies, and programs.
Minimum 5 years’ experience of increasing responsibility in operations management in a professional public assembly arena/stadium preferably in a college setting.
Minimum 2 years of direct supervisory experience at the Director level
Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration or a related field (Other combinations of experience and education that meet these requirements may be substituted)
Experience employing modern management methods, long range planning, principles of budgeting, and leadership skills
Working knowledge of sales, marketing, event services, safety and security, facility maintenance and housekeeping, finance and human resources, audiovisual, telecommunications, and food and beverage operations
Knowledge of and experience in the event booking process, contract development and execution, and event settlements, specifically as it relates to arena events and meeting room space.
Production experience involving audio, video, lighting, and rigging.
Excellent customer service skills
Familiarity with EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and other employment regulations
Excellent communication skills in the English language and interpersonal skills
Assist the General Manager in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the facilities including sales, marketing, public relations, finance, human resources, event services, operations, housekeeping, maintenance, safety and security
Promote the Constant Center to all potential clients; conduct facility tours; answer questions and provide information regarding facility services, technical capabilities, policies and procedures; assist clients in finalizing booking arrangements.
Initiate sales calls via phone, electronic mail, surface mail and in person with the intent of aggressively marketing the Constant Center to repeat and prospective clients.
Work directly with clients in preparation of cost estimates, contract negotiations, oversight of event management, event settlement.
Oversee event scaling, configurations, and event staffing including; stagehands (ITASE), runners, merchandise vendors, contracted security, police, and EMT’s.
Represent the General Manager as needed at various meetings specifically with client and tenants.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University and Coastal Virginia area, to include local hotels and industry organizations; represent the facility professionally at all times. Attend industry events and tradeshows.
Assist the General Manager in the development and administration of the facility’s operating and capital budgets; work directly with the department directors in developing departmental operating budgets and revenue projections;
Recruit, select, lead, motivate and evaluate director level staff; provide or coordinate training as needed; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
Work with the departmental directors in the day-to-day management of their various departmental disciplines; review and evaluate processes and results; identify and resolve deficiencies and challenges
Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
Assist the General Manager in the oversight of the facility’s contract service partners (food & beverage, IATSE, merchandise, a/v)
Create and analyze in-house event budgets for prospective events.
Administration/General Management: Human Resources/Benefits Administration
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST - Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting employees, managers, and the HR and Payroll Department in facilitation of various employee related activities and specialist projects. Key responsibilities include HRIS administration, data entry, filing/records management, day-to-day completion of employee related activities and processes, EEO, projects as assigned and provides support to the HR and Payroll department.
Human Resource Function
Responsible for data entry of new hires, terminations, employee changes and transfers into the ADP Enterprise System in a timely and accurate manner.
Maintains employee files, records, and databases in line with company policies and government regulations. Retains records in line with company retention requirements.
Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
Processes forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
Prepares paperwork required to place employees on payroll and establishes employee file.
Responds to inquiries from associates with respect to HR, benefits and/or payroll programs. Research questions and communicate information back to associates or requestors. Escalates more complex issues to subject matter experts.
Completes annual EEO Report
Facilitates the on boarding process for new hires and transfer and handle first-day paperwork for new hires, including tracking to completion.
Produce correspondence, documents, and forms; handles photocopying, faxing and distributions
Order and maintain supplies. Request service for office equipment
Open, date stamp, read/review and distribute incoming mail. Process outgoing mail and UPS packages.
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of job related experience, preferably in a human resource department. Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Word software.
High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
Knowledge of office administration procedures.
Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines.
Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
Excellent data entry skills
Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Experience with database systems preferably ADP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
GENERAL MANAGER - Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Title: General Manager
Company: Comcast Spectacor
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Reports to: President, Venue Management - Spectra
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: First/Mid-Level Official and Manager
Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, the General Manager works in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the facility, as well as the booking process and in pursuing new business opportunities.
Supervision is exercised over professional staff that directs various sections in day-to-day operations. Responsibility further includes evaluation and development of recommendations to improve organizational administration, procedures, policies, and programs.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional public assembly facility operations management including a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory responsibility
· Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college/university in a closely-related field such Sports Administration/Management, Facility Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, etc.
· Experience employing modern management methods, long range planning, principles of budgeting, and leadership skills
· Working knowledge of sales, marketing, event services, safety and security, facility maintenance and housekeeping, finance and human resources, audiovisual, telecommunications, and food and beverage operations
· Experience in contract development and negotiations, including facility use license agreements, service agreements, and sponsorship agreements
· Ability to lead and promote a customer-focused work place
· Familiarity with EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and other employment regulations
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in the English language
· Planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the facility
· Directing the development and administration of the facility’s operating and capital budgets; work directly with the department directors in developing departmental operating budgets and revenue projections;
· Recruit, select, lead, motivate and evaluate event managers; provide or coordinate training as needed; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
· Train and develop Event Managers to produce Event Estimates two weeks prior to events, assist event managers in settling and closing out a show file, including going over discrepancies between the estimate and final internal settlement.
· Address and recommend actions on all personnel matters
· Work with the departmental directors/managers in the day-to-day management of their various departmental disciplines; review and evaluate processes and results; identify and resolve deficiencies and challenges
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
· Develop and implements programs, policies, and procedures for the facility
· Take oversight of the facility’s contract service partners (food & beverage and parking)
· Develop or directs the development and preparation of comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e. Operations Manual, Event Handbook, Promoter Manual, Annual Parking Plan, Annual Facility Report, Booking Policies, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc…)
· Participate and lead various interdepartmental project groups, special projects, and task forces
· Conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users