Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER/CONFERENCE CENTER SALES MANAGER - Spectra Venue Management- XFINITY Arena at Everett (Everett, WA)
» GENERAL MANAGER - Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER/CONFERENCE CENTER SALES MANAGER - Spectra Venue Management- XFINITY Arena at Everett (Everett, WA)
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
GENERAL MANAGER - Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Title: General Manager
Company: Comcast Spectacor
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Reports to: President, Venue Management - Spectra
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: First/Mid-Level Official and Manager
Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, the General Manager works in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the facility, as well as the booking process and in pursuing new business opportunities.
Supervision is exercised over professional staff that directs various sections in day-to-day operations. Responsibility further includes evaluation and development of recommendations to improve organizational administration, procedures, policies, and programs.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional public assembly facility operations management including a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory responsibility
· Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college/university in a closely-related field such Sports Administration/Management, Facility Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, etc.
· Experience employing modern management methods, long range planning, principles of budgeting, and leadership skills
· Working knowledge of sales, marketing, event services, safety and security, facility maintenance and housekeeping, finance and human resources, audiovisual, telecommunications, and food and beverage operations
· Experience in contract development and negotiations, including facility use license agreements, service agreements, and sponsorship agreements
· Ability to lead and promote a customer-focused work place
· Familiarity with EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and other employment regulations
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in the English language
· Planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the facility
· Directing the development and administration of the facility’s operating and capital budgets; work directly with the department directors in developing departmental operating budgets and revenue projections;
· Recruit, select, lead, motivate and evaluate event managers; provide or coordinate training as needed; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
· Train and develop Event Managers to produce Event Estimates two weeks prior to events, assist event managers in settling and closing out a show file, including going over discrepancies between the estimate and final internal settlement.
· Address and recommend actions on all personnel matters
· Work with the departmental directors/managers in the day-to-day management of their various departmental disciplines; review and evaluate processes and results; identify and resolve deficiencies and challenges
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
· Develop and implements programs, policies, and procedures for the facility
· Take oversight of the facility’s contract service partners (food & beverage and parking)
· Develop or directs the development and preparation of comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e. Operations Manual, Event Handbook, Promoter Manual, Annual Parking Plan, Annual Facility Report, Booking Policies, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc…)
· Participate and lead various interdepartmental project groups, special projects, and task forces
· Conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ