Communications/Public Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
DIRECTOR, EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS - Comcast-Spectacor (Philadelphia, PA)
Company: Comcast-Spectacor, LP
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Reports to: VP, Human Resources
Status: Full-Time; Salary; Exempt
Closing Date: Open Until Closed/Filled
This role is responsible for development and implementation of employee communications strategies and programs. This individual will create plans for the communication of information designed to keep employees informed of Comcast Spectacor programs and accomplishments. Oversees all internal communications and partners with the PR team on external communications for the organization. Collaborates with employees in all levels and areas of the organization on projects and initiatives. Advises in the interpretation of Comcast Spectacor business strategy and develops organizational communications objectives to align with this strategy. Main focus is to increase internal understanding and awareness of Comcast Spectacor objectives and achievements.
• Develop and oversee Employee Communications initiatives designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects.
• Utilize broad-based Employee Communications tools and vehicles to provide employees with messaging and industry/competitive context for all key business initiatives.
• Establish best practices and tools for communications.
• Facilitate the operationalization of and commitment to OneComcast-Spectacor by creating communications initiatives that rally employees to operate as one.
• Stand up a company-wide intranet and manage ongoing evolution
• Align internal and external communications – timing and messaging
• Design an annual calendar for all aspects of HR Communications around performance management, benefits, onboarding, TM, training
• Business partner role with each business unit to define what messaging needs to go to what audiences – business literacy around our lines of business
• Write and disseminate routine and ad-hoc communications to all Comcast Spectacor employees.
• Manage the planning and execution of Comcast Spectacor events including quarterly employee broadcasts and leadership conferences.
• Partner with leadership team on ideas and events that foster a positive, innovative, success-oriented culture.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or related field.
• 7+ years of experience in communications or public relations.
• Experience in developing proactive, creative communications and robust communications strategies.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
• A savvy, smart, flexible, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader with good intuition.
• Awareness and ability to work beyond normal business hours as required.