Current available jobs in Communications/Public Relations:
» DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT - Comcast-Spectacor Charities (Philadelphia, PA)
» GIRLS' HOCKEY COACH - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
» MARKETING & PR MANAGER - Owensboro Convention Center (Owensboro, KY)
Communications/Public Relations: Foundation/Community Relations
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT - Comcast-Spectacor Charities (Philadelphia, PA)
Director of Development
Entity: Comcast-Spectacor Charities
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Reports to: Vice President
· Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of related fundraising or development experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
· Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
· Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
· Solid understanding of surrounding communities as related to fundraising/sponsorship avenues
· Proven management and leadership capabilities
· Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts
· Experience working with Senior Level executives in a corporate environment
· Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and a thorough understanding of strategic development
· Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
· Good computer skills and knowledge of database programs
· Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
· Available to work beyond normal business hours as needed
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations for Foundation fundraising events
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and sponsors
· Create and execute a strategy for identifying and cultivating donors and sponsors for various programs in the Charities Office including but not limited to the Flyers Wives Carnival, the Flyers Charities 5K, and the Flyers Alumni Golf Invitational
· Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
· Manage Salesforce Non-Profit donor/sponsor database
· Develop proposals and reports for all foundation fundraising
· Manage partnership with player foundations
· Broaden donor base by soliciting via premium and ad sales partnerships
· Offer assistance to Global Spectrum Charities fundraising initiatives
· Event game nights and/or weekend hours required
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL/PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing duties of job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally move about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information.
• The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal-to-moderate during non-event days and moderate-to-loud during event days.
Communications/Public Relations: Community Relations
GIRLS' HOCKEY COACH - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
GIRLS’ HOCKEY COACH (Part-Time) - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
REPORTS TO: Director, Hockey Operations
General responsibilities include coaching and instructing girls ages 5-18 participating in Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation ice hockey programming. Specific duties will include leading and organizing on-ice practices and small games while providing a fun and supportive learning atmosphere. Additionally, coaches are expected to execute administrative tasks associated with hockey programming, assist with recruiting initiatives and deliver Snider Hockey’s Life Skills Curriculum.
1. Foster a supportive learning atmosphere for all Snider Hockey girls.
2. Lead after-school (3-7 pm) and weekend ice hockey practices at Philadelphia area rinks for beginner and intermediate level hockey players. This may also include coaching Snider Hockey League games or Girls Travel Team games.
3. Ensure the safety of all participants both on and off the ice.
4. Cooperate and communicate with Snider Hockey staff and volunteers to help deliver a consistently excellent experience for all participants.
5. Promote the positive character development of Snider Hockey girls by discussing the importance of education, teamwork, effort, respect, and related values.
6. Assist in the sizing, provision and distribution of equipment; confirm that all players wear properly fitting equipment on the ice.
7. Assist with recruitment initiatives to increase female participation in Snider Hockey programming.
8. Evening/weekend duty and travel within Philadelphia area is required.
9. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Communications/Public Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
MARKETING & PR MANAGER - Owensboro Convention Center (Owensboro, KY)
Essential Job Functions:
• Public Relations
• Special Events
• Sales Support
- identify opportunities to generate additional revenue through marketing services
• Sponsorship Sales
- Position will have responsibility for prospecting and soliciting presenting/title and other sponsorships that tie to in-house and outside promoted events.
- Develop cross promoting opportunities with sponsors/partners to promote events and increase attendance and expose of sponsor to venue.
- Communicate fulfillment requirements to staff.
• Other Job Functions:
- Review newspaper daily to become familiar with various city-wide events to assist in providing answers to inquiries.
- Serve as in-house marketing agency for clients, if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ