Current available jobs in
Communications/Public Relations: Community Relations
GIRLS' HOCKEY COACH - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
GIRLS’ HOCKEY COACH (Part-Time) - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
REPORTS TO: Director, Hockey Operations
DEPARTMENT: Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
General responsibilities include coaching and instructing girls ages 5-18 participating in Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation ice hockey programming. Specific duties will include leading and organizing on-ice practices and small games while providing a fun and supportive learning atmosphere. Additionally, coaches are expected to execute administrative tasks associated with hockey programming, assist with recruiting initiatives and deliver Snider Hockey’s Life Skills Curriculum.
Candidates must possess significant ice hockey playing and/or coaching experience. All instructors are expected to serve as teachers and role models both on and off the ice, and must therefore exhibit maturity and professionalism. Applicant must be reliable and possess both a general willingness to assume any and all jobs, and an ability to work in a high profile environment. Attention to detail and strong communication skills are critical. Hiring is conditional on the successful completion of a criminal background check; applicants should also either possess or be able to attain PA and/or NJ Child Abuse History clearances and USA Hockey coaching certification.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Foster a supportive learning atmosphere for all Snider Hockey girls.
2. Lead after-school (3-7 pm) and weekend ice hockey practices at Philadelphia area rinks for beginner and intermediate level hockey players. This may also include coaching Snider Hockey League games or Girls Travel Team games.
3. Ensure the safety of all participants both on and off the ice.
4. Cooperate and communicate with Snider Hockey staff and volunteers to help deliver a consistently excellent experience for all participants.
5. Promote the positive character development of Snider Hockey girls by discussing the importance of education, teamwork, effort, respect, and related values.
6. Assist in the sizing, provision and distribution of equipment; confirm that all players wear properly fitting equipment on the ice.
7. Assist with recruitment initiatives to increase female participation in Snider Hockey programming.
8. Evening/weekend duty and travel within Philadelphia area is required.
9. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
Moderate physical activity is required to perform the essential functions of the job. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day. The employee will: consistently operate a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally move about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the rinks and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed both in an outdoor storage facility and indoors in ice hockey rinks, as well as other special event sites (indoor/outdoor in the weather conditions prevalent at the time). Involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Also involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, mold, and/or unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environments can range from moderate to loud during events/programs, and is minimal during non-event/program times.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Communications/Public Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
MARKETING & PR MANAGER - Owensboro Convention Center (Owensboro, KY)
To manage, supervise and coordinate marketing, public relations, advertising, and social network marketing of the Owensboro Convention Center, including development of annual marketing plan and marketing plans for all in-house events.
Essential Job Functions:
Develop annual marketing and sponsorship plan for the facility that supports the following areas:
- Evaluating and planning advertising opportunities
- Researching effective advertising techniques
- Media buying as required
- Creative development
- Working with advertising sales reps and vendors
- Evaluating advertising efforts
• Public Relations
- Writing press releases, media alerts, feature articles, factsheets, biographies, etc.
- Developing and distributing press kits
- Interacting with local and national consumer and trade media
- Pursuing editorial opportunities
- Creating editorial calendars
- Creating industry events calendars
- Writing and editing the annual report
- Arranging and supervising media interviews
- Monitoring media coverage
- Development and editing of quarterly newsletter
- Develop system for updating OCC Web Site and mobile application
- Coordinate OCC email database and newsletter lists
• Special Events
- Research and support Event Manager for opportunities to create special events including planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Assist in developing sponsor packages that support those special events as well as for the sponsorships and partnerships for the facility as a whole.
• Sales Support
- Assist the overall sales efforts through marketing promotions to help increase revenue and generate new events.
- Support development of sales presentations
- Networking with industry professionals
- Developing direct mail campaigns
- Creating sales packages
- Analyzing competitors and target markets
- Projecting and tracking revenue flow
- Participating in industry tradeshows
- identify opportunities to generate additional revenue through marketing services
• Sponsorship Sales
- Position will have responsibility for prospecting and soliciting presenting/title and other sponsorships that tie to in-house and outside promoted events.
- Develop cross promoting opportunities with sponsors/partners to promote events and increase attendance and expose of sponsor to venue.
- Communicate fulfillment requirements to staff.
• Other Job Functions:
- Review newspaper daily to become familiar with various city-wide events to assist in providing answers to inquiries.
- Serve as in-house marketing agency for clients, if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Marketing concepts and guidelines
• Web Sites and social media sites
• MAC computer proficiency
• Graphic Design – Adobe products
• Provide leadership, optimism and creativity to the workplace.
• Be a positive role model for team members in the following areas: teamwork, work ethic, and staff morale.
• Have high initiative requiring minimal supervision.
• Assure that all details of the job are performed and their work is accurate.
• Maintain high level of concentration.
• Multi-task, work under pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
• Provide excellent service to customers
• Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days
• Travel as needed for meetings and presentations
• Two to four (2 - 4) years of increasingly responsible sales and marketing experience for a convention center, arena, performing arts facility, hotel or other public assembly facility.
• Strong knowledge of marketing communications including advertising, public relations and special event management.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field
• Must have solid skills in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation and internet software
• Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES / NO: Do you have 2+ years of increasingly responsible sales and marketing experience for a convention center, arena, performing arts facility, hotel or other public assembly facility?
2. Have you earned a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field?
3. To be considered, please list your salary requirement.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings