Current available jobs in Communications/Public Relations:
» DIRECTOR, MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS - Comcast Spectacor (Philadelphia, PA)
» GIRLS' HOCKEY COACH - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
Communications/Public Relations: Internet Communications
DIRECTOR, MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS - Comcast Spectacor (Philadelphia, PA)
Category: Administration/Marketing/Strategic Initiatives
Company: Comcast-Spectacor, L.P.
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Reports To: SVP, Strategic Growth Initiatives
FLSA Status: Exempt; Salaried
Comcast-Spectacor is a Philadelphia based sports and entertainment management firm consisting of three companies – the Philadelphia Flyers, the Wells Fargo Center and Spectra. Our company has recently created the new brand of Spectra to house four core divisions – venue management, food services & hospitality, ticketing & fan engagement, and digital services. The name Spectra was announced in May 2015 and the formal brand launch will be June 2, 2015.
Comcast-Spectacor is looking for a Director, Marketing Communications who will orchestrate the execution of a strategy and tactics that amplify our Comcast-Spectacor and Spectra brands. This includes a comprehensive view of how our products/services, marketing, social media and employment brand are presented to and receive by clients, prospects, prospective hires and the industry. This proactive leader will also be responsible for aggregating, analyzing and segmenting key data points that measure our brand and customer service including web, customer service and social media metrics.
Based at The Wells Fargo Center in the company's Philadelphia, PA headquarters, this position will inspire and foster communications between business development, marketing, public relations and others to facilitates the strategic growth of Comcast-Spectacor and Spectra. The role is an individual contributor that will have multiple stakeholders and teammates in producing significant momentum.
· Provide thought leadership, data analysis, and strategic focus to our marketing communications, customer experience strategies and brand management.
· Maintain knowledge of trends/best practices and influence the business, project teams and peer groups to constantly innovate and align around an integrated strategy.
· Develop, facilitate and oversee the creative leadership associated with brand management to produce work that inspires all stakeholder populations (clients, industry, employees, etc.)
· Manage an in-depth understanding of the company’s current and future services/products and ensure all materials are projecting the right message, tone and image.
· Leverage strong research and analytical skills analyze data and inform management on key perceptions and trends to drive strong decision making.
· Align the company brand and sub-brands with the sales process, the customer/client experience and the industry perception of the company.
· Program manage the enterprise customer science program by rallying all around a common methodology for measuring customer satisfaction and using data to drive strategy and decisions.
· Create a governance model for the creation and approval of creative concepts for all digital and print media, marketing collateral, advertisements, presentations, decks and promotional pieces.
· Partner with web development to influence our web presence through our corporate sites as well as our client sites and use the data for studying client and customer behaviors.
· Create trusted relationships with key stakeholders to anticipate needs and help drive business goals.
· Drive the completion key deliverables with strong attention to time, quality, impact and style.
· Partner with field marketers to create innovative and efficient ways to grow our brand in the industry.
· Project manage the Marketing/PR Council governance committee in collaboration with the divisional marketing leads, public relations and the rest of the branding team.
· Work with HR to keep the brand aligned to the company Credo, the talent acquisition brand and our intranet for employees.
· Distribute regular and proactive status reports to keep the flow of information open, honest and transparent with the right balance of courage and patience.
· Contribute to building an inclusive culture that celebrates our Credo, Promise and Touchstones creating an environment for all to be successful.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· 7+ years of hands-on experience in brand management and marketing
· An entrepreneurial spirit and an internal motivation that inspires others to think more and do more
· Creativity skills that inspire brand loyalty
· A passion for building success that can be measured with data
· Demonstrated experience influencing peers and leadership teams
· Ability to operationalize a strategy
· Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
· Flexible skill set that can be applied across a variety of relationships/situations
· Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrable track record of success
· Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
· Comfort with CRM software
· Willingness to travel as needed
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL/PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing duties of job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally move about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information.
• The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal-to-moderate during non-event days and moderate-to-loud during event days.
Communications/Public Relations: Community Relations
GIRLS' HOCKEY COACH - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
GIRLS’ HOCKEY COACH (Part-Time) - Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation (Philadelphia, PA)
REPORTS TO: Director, Hockey Operations
General responsibilities include coaching and instructing girls ages 5-18 participating in Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation ice hockey programming. Specific duties will include leading and organizing on-ice practices and small games while providing a fun and supportive learning atmosphere. Additionally, coaches are expected to execute administrative tasks associated with hockey programming, assist with recruiting initiatives and deliver Snider Hockey’s Life Skills Curriculum.
1. Foster a supportive learning atmosphere for all Snider Hockey girls.
2. Lead after-school (3-7 pm) and weekend ice hockey practices at Philadelphia area rinks for beginner and intermediate level hockey players. This may also include coaching Snider Hockey League games or Girls Travel Team games.
3. Ensure the safety of all participants both on and off the ice.
4. Cooperate and communicate with Snider Hockey staff and volunteers to help deliver a consistently excellent experience for all participants.
5. Promote the positive character development of Snider Hockey girls by discussing the importance of education, teamwork, effort, respect, and related values.
6. Assist in the sizing, provision and distribution of equipment; confirm that all players wear properly fitting equipment on the ice.
7. Assist with recruitment initiatives to increase female participation in Snider Hockey programming.
8. Evening/weekend duty and travel within Philadelphia area is required.
9. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ