Graphic / Video / Multi-Media Design: Audio/Video Editing and Production
PART-TIME AUDIO VISUAL TECH - Overland Park Convention Center (Overland Park, KS)
Reports to: AV Manager and/or FT AV Tech
Status: Part-Time; Hourly
Under general supervision assists in performing responsible technical work within the Audio Visual Department; operates technical media equipment for events and performances at OPCC.
• High school diploma and one year experience in audio visual and technical media coordination and operation, preferably in a convention, theater, arena or hotel environment.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain a Missouri driver’s license
Special Knowledge of:
• Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and electronic services in public assembly settings
• Operational characteristics of events
• Knowledge of personal computers and computerized audio-visual systems
• Terminology used in entertainment/convention/public assembly settings
• Relevant federal, state and local regulations
• Ability to use tools and equipment properly and safely.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to):
• Sets up, operate and tear down all in-house equipment and rented or client provided audio-visual equipment
• Performs both preventive and corrective maintenance to all in-house Audio Visual Services equipment.
• Consults with clients regarding Media Services requirements.
• Provides technical advising to other departments upon request
• Trouble-shoots Media Services sound and lighting systems.
• Work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays
• Operational characteristics of media equipment usage and applications
• Technical requirement, methods, equipment, materials, and or other systems as they apply to facility events including, but not limited to: principles of event staging and performance equipment, lighting and sound equipment, rigging safety, and audio visual equipment
• Recognize audio visual related challenges, analyze and identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.