Graphic / Video / Multi-Media Design: Audio/Video Editing and Production
AUDIO / VIDEO PRODUCTION COORDINATOR - Chaifetz Arena at St. Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
Company: Global Spectrum
Venue: Chaifetz Arena (St. Louis, MO)
Reports To: Director of Events and Operations
Supervises: Part-Time A/V Support Staff
Closing Date: Open Until Closed / Filled
General Statement of Duties:
This position shall oversee and provide all media and technical related services for the facility including event support, video production, and audio, producing graphics and visual elements, and overseeing a staff of A/V Personnel.
• 2-4 years of experience preferred in Technical/Audio Support in a public assembly, or similar, venue, including PA systems, video boards, and computer applications to support production needs.
• Prior supervision of A/V or similar staff strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a related field.
• Basic knowledge of lighting systems, CCTV, Broadcast TV, scoreboard and electrical systems.
• Must be able to work regular business hours as well as evening/weekend event days.
• Basic knowledge of customer service practices and ability to understand needs of clients and oversee execution of their requests.
• Must have 3-5 years of experience with Adobe CS6 Suite for video production (Mac based)
• Must have 3-5 years of experience with professional editing software (preferably Adobe Premier)
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise all video operation staff for events as they pertain to the Daktronics scoreboard, ribbon board, and in-house television feeds; interview and train staff on proper operations (event specific needs).
• Supervise the audio production staff including house mix and local sound union employees.
• Interview, train, evaluate, schedule and handle all payroll for all video production and video staff on proper operations (event specific) and maintenance procedures. In addition, maintain an internship program for university students.
• Perform or oversee the preventative maintenance on all equipment in the Video Production Room, Audio Mix area as required and coordinate system needs and repairs with SLU IT and other service contractors to insure all equipment is in good working order and receives efficient service response
• Provide support for Men’s and Women’s Basketball for SLU athletics department, including but not limited to In-Game responsibilities like Producing the AV Program for live basketball with content and graphic support; producing, creating or supporting highlight videos, Marketing/PR tapes, commercials, etc.
• Provide all live production and engineering support for all events coming to the arena, including but not limited to technical directing, running Daktronics computers, and advancing information with clients.
• Responsible for the creation and editing of graphics, video and sound on a daily basis for the arena
• Work with Marketing Department to produce tags on commercial spots and create ads for upcoming events
Nonessential Job Functions:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Intellectual/Social/Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the facility to gain access to work sites, service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information; frequently carries/lifts/transports equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. approximately.
• The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud during event days depending on the employee’s location, and is minimal during non-event days.