Internships: Any Internship
SUMMER 2014 MARKETING INTERNSHIP - Tsongas Center at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Lowell, MA)
Learn live event marketing through assist marketing and sales with promotion of events in the community and help all Tsongas Center/Lowell Memorial Auditorium staff on event days in any areas of need that may arise.
At the conclusion of the program interns should have a basic understanding as it relates to the creation and execution of a live event marketing plan; how to write a press release; how to develop community relationships as a means of forging marketing partnerships; utilizing and growing social media platforms as a means of marketing events; and the overall process of developing marketing materials from the initial quote request until final distribution.
Marketing Manager & Director of Marketing
• Open to Junior and Senior COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY who are seeking an internship for class credit as part of a college/university curriculum (students will be required to provide documentation of receiving academic credit for the internship experience)
• Hours to be determined by school credit requirement provided by faculty advisor
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Photoshop is a plus.
• Know how to effectively use the internet for research
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in Sports/Entertainment Marketing
• Research various projects related to revenue driving initiatives that will require making phone calls, faxing, emailing, and searching the internet
• Meeting with and negotiating third party retail partnerships, community groups promotions, media promotions, etc.
• Conduct research each week regarding competitive events in the Merrimack Valley and Boston areas
• Assist with grassroots efforts for Center events – i.e. contacting promoters for artwork, negotiating print rates or print trades with printers, getting materials printed (posters, flyers, register to win boxes), distributing materials throughout the Merrimack Valley community, and keep an up to date database of collateral drop locations
• Assist with email database maintenance and growth
• Assist with the maintenance of planning of all social networking initiatives
• Assist with the implementation of all facility “How You Doin’?” customer service program initiatives including seeking prizes for monthly drawings through trade, maintaining program arena signage, updating program plan as changes are made
• Coordinate and in some cases represent the Tsongas Center along with full time staff and promote events via booths/tables at community events. This will require creativity in presenting the events at the booth, as well as organization in researching events, calling to reserve space, and staffing each event.
• Coordinate show PR events including drafting press releases, calling media outlets to pitch stories, and be on-site contact for venue press related events.
• Assist with event day media and other marketing/promotional responsibilities on event days as assigned
• Observe and participate in venue/Global Spectrum meetings and conference calls when appropriate
• Work non-traditional hours as tasks warrant
• Other duties as assigned
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.