Sales & Marketing: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
CORPORATE SALES MANAGER - Aiken Convocation Center (U of South Carolina) (Aiken, SC)
PLEASE NOTE* After you submit an applicant through Teamwork Online for this position, you will be redirected to also apply on our Comcast Spectacor Careers page. If you do not apply on CS Careers, your application for the position will not be considered.
Summary: The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for all corporate sales for the USC Aiken Convocation Center. This position is responsible for the sale of all venue advertising & sponsorship at the venue. This individual will coordinate all activities of the corporate sales department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for prospecting, cultivating, selling, and maintaining corporate sponsorships agreements
- Responsible for coordinating and executing all aspects of partnership agreements
- Work with outside vendors to get signage & advertising materials created and placed
- Develop sales presentations and collateral materials
- Assist accounting department with accounts receivable efforts related to building partners, as well as event sponsors and vendors
- Responsible for working and attending all promotions and center events
- Responsible for communicating to client and prospects through various means including direct contact, newsletters, corporate partner gathering, etc.
- Responsible for creating year end recaps for corporate partners
- Work with the marketing department on opportunities to cross sell corporate partners
- Work with Sponsorship Sales Manager at the Augusta Entertainment Complex (sister property) to sell dual partnerships and solicit leads for each other
- Other duties as assigned by Director
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years business to business sales experience
- Candidate should possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to function in a multi-task environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven knowledge in sales techniques and engaged in similar group business-solicitation efforts
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to safely and accurately handle and account for large sums of money
- Possess valid driver’s license or have the ability to acquire
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
- Sales Calls may require transportation both locally and out of town.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer