MARKETING MANAGER - Augusta Entertainment Complex (Augusta, GA)
Company: Global Spectrum
Venue: Augusta Entertainment Complex - Augusta, GA
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Type: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
Closing Date: Open until closed/Filled
This position will work with the Director of Marketing to market the facilities and events while creating and maintaining relationships with media and promotional partners. The successful candidate will be committed, organized user of social media tools, with an understanding of how to drive programs through digital media, manage database marketing to reach new customers and drive increased revenue. The marketing manager will assist in advertising, media buying, promotions, public relations and grassroots efforts for events as assigned and will assume all Director of Marketing functions in the absence of the Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, communications, business or other related field
• Minimum 2-4 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
• Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Knowledge of Digital Marketing
• Knowledge of Public Relations
• Microsoft office applications and word processing skills required, as well as spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and internet software
• Accountable and detail-oriented; must be able to juggle many tasks within time constraints
• Creative and proactive problem solver
• Ability to travel as required
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
• Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork and dedication to HYD principles
• Develop promotions and day of event activities
• Develop marketing plans and strategies for events exercising sound judgment
• Implement marketing plans including creation of advertising materials, media buying, promotions, grassroots, and public relations for events
• Negotiate, close, and implement media and promotional agreements for the Augusta Entertainment Complex events
• Prepare written letters of agreement including negotiating terms
• Assist Director of Marketing in preparation of weekly corporate marketing reports and participate in monthly conference calls with other Global Spectrum entities
• Create collateral materials such as print ads, promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various ticket brochures from concept to completion
• Generate new and creative ideas to attract new events and to promote events when booked.
• Prepare various reports on public relations progress, marketing efforts/results, demographics and economic trends. Provide assistance and staff support to Director of Marketing. Manage and implement ticket sales-driven promotions on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube as well as develop key marketing campaigns using viral marketing techniques.
• Pitch stories, write press releases, create public relations events, generate media hits, and build relationships with local media and outlying markets.
• Manage all grassroots efforts including poster & flier distribution, community appearances and overall expansion of marketing campaigns to maximize event awareness and exposure.
• Coordinate and manage on-site events such as pre-show parties as required.
• Serve as a liaison with industry representatives, the general public and other facility departments and divisions.
• Maintain and create detailed media budgets, settlement reconciliations, and recap summaries for facility events
• Coordinate marketing efforts between promoters, artist management and local media
• Develop and implement media drops and public relations campaigns
• Research projects/upcoming shows
• Develop new marketing programs and initiatives to maximize ticket sales such as third party partnerships, new media avenues
• Participate in the development and implementation of annual marketing goals, objectives, policies and priorities
• Recruit interns and manage their educational assignments
• Update video loop for concourse televisions with up-to-date information, and in-game announcements of upcoming events during hockey season
• Organize and run tabling opportunities at all Augusta RiverHawks hockey games, along with other events
• Serve as liaison to reporting gross and paid ticket numbers to Pollstar, Billboard and Venues Today Magazines
• Oversee outlying trade relationships
• Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions; present recommendations to Director of Sales & Marketing; implement approved recommendations in support of organizational objectives
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Works directly with the Director of Marketing to continuously improve and maintain the public’s awareness of upcoming events, while promoting the facility; assists in continuously improving marketing/public relations efforts; develops and maintains cooperative, positive relationships with the community, media, and promoters; promotes facility’s reputation as a world-class venue. Actively pursue with great curiosity fresh, creative ideas and technologies. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES / NO: Have you earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, communications, business or other related field?
2. YES / NO: Do you have 2 - 4 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility?
3. YES / NO: Are you able and willing to a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days?
4. To be considered, please list your salary requirement.
SUMMER 2014 MARKETING AND GROUP SALES INTERNSHIP - Augusta Entertainment Complex (Augusta, GA)
About Global Spectrum:
As the fastest growing venue management firm in the world, Global Spectrum provides innovative leadership for public assembly facilities, including arenas, civic and convention centers, stadiums, ice
Facilities, equestrian centers and theatres looking to privatize. As a subsidiary of Philadelphia based
Comcast-Spectacor, Global Spectrum also operates two other businesses, Front Row Marketing and Global Spectrum Asia, Ltd. In addition to Global Spectrum, Comcast-Spectacor maintains ownership of the Philadelphia Flyers (of the NHL), the Wells Fargo Center, the Wells Fargo Complex, and Comcast SportsNet.
Coordinate and implement projects that will contribute to the implementation of event marketing plans for the event season at the Augusta Entertainment Complex (James Brown Arena and William B. Bell Auditorium). Assist the marketing and group sales team in completing tasks necessary for marketing campaigns for events coming to the venue. This is a unique opportunity to learn what goes into a comprehensive marketing campaign for concerts, family shows, and special events.
Reports to: Marketing Manager & Group Sales Manager
o Strong writing and communication skills
o Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop a plus
o Must be outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in Sports/Entertainment Marketing
o Must be rising college junior or senior seeking an internship to satisfy a college credit requirement (Internship is unpaid, and housing/transportation is intern’s responsibility)
o Learn to create event marketing and PR plans
o Attend meetings with marketing staff including those with local community organizations
o Conduct research regarding competitive events in the CSRA area by identifying target markets
o Conduct research for various marketing and group sales projects on a per-show basis
o Learn to develop grassroots plan – i.e. negotiating trade opportunities, getting materials printed (posters, flyers, register to win boxes)
o Assist marketing & sales team in the planning and execution of pre-event parties and promotions, VIP room activities, birthday parties, meet & greets
o Learn to create and maintain databases, while qualifying group sales contacts
o Help with our “How You Doin?” Customer Service program by brainstorming ideas, creating plans on implementing the customer service program, and assisting with trade opportunities
o Coordinate and represent the Augusta Entertainment Complex, alongside the marketing & sales team, to promote events via booths/tables at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize arena and events
o Gather event news clips
o Learn and assist with implementation of marketing campaigns on several social media outlets
o Brainstorm with marketing team and help execute public relations initiatives. Ability to attend local community meetings with marketing staff, such as young professionals groups
o Learn from Group Sales Manager how to promote Group Theme Nights, Family Shows and other events to group customers
o Ability to have flexibility in schedule, and able to work non-traditional hours as tasks warrant to help with day-of-event preparation and activities
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES / NO: Are you a college junior, senior, or graduate student studying a related concentration (Business, Facility Management, Sport Management, etc.)?
2. YES / NO: Are you seeking a summer internship to earn class credit?
3. YES / NO: Do you live or have housing in the Augusta, GA area?
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.