BOX OFFICE MANAGER - Augusta Entertainment Complex (Augusta, GA)
Location: Augusta Entertainment Complex (Augusta, GA)
Department: Box Office
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Supervises: Assistant Box Office Manager, All Box Office Personnel
Type: Full-Time; Salaried
Open Until: Closed / Filled
The Box Office Manager will control all ticket inventories and oversee the processing of orders and payments. Utilizing ticketing software, he/she will create ticketing for events and financial reports; manage and participate in the development and administration of an annual budget; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; direct and monitor expenditures. The Box Office Manager is responsible for the selection, training, motivation and evaluation of all Box Office personnel, and the management of all aspects of customer service related to internal and external customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business management, sports management, business administration or other related field
• Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible box office/ticketing experience, preferable with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
• Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of stadium, arena, public assembly facility or convention center sales programs
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software
• Familiarity with ticketing software
• Knowledge of terminology used in box office/sales settings
• Knowledge of principles of budget preparation and control
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Make basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) either manually or through the use of a calculator
• Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
• Build all events in the ticketing system, including seating manifests, price tables, hold/kills, discounts, pre-sales, etc.
• Oversee all financial reconciliation in regards to daily reports, monthly reports and event settlement
• Manage all information being sent and posted through ticketing system
• Act as systems administrator for ticketing system and liaison between staff, promoters, presenters and the facility
• Responsible for system upgrades, occasional testing of new software and routine maintenance and trouble-shooting
• Prepare all ticketing reports for and work with tenants on system training and related premium ticketing services
• Update and relay all box-office related event information to each department and client
• Investigate and resolve ticket-related issues
• Responsible for season ticket renewal mailings, processing of season ticket monies and printing/mailing of season tickets
• Responsible for all season ticket holder customer service related upgrades, priority point systems, etc.
• Responsible for the collection of all ticket monies, tracking of accounts payable/receivable and preparation of sales reports/ticket revenue updates (this includes parking monies)
• Work with sales reports/ticket revenue updates
• Work with sales and marketing departments to set up various ticket discounts and promotions
• Oversee will call for all ticketed events, ensuring compliance to all relevant ticket laws
• Process/fill approved charity ticket requests; document all complimentary tickets issued
• Track attendance for all events, including pre-sales, walk-ups, promotions, discounts, etc.
• Process donor seat selection and retention
• Manage of all aspects of customer service as it relates to both internal and external customers, enforcing HYD principles and corporate initiatives
• Direct the creation and control of fiscal budget for the Box Office department
• Plan, organize, and coordinate the Box Office efforts for a public assembly facility, stadium. arena or convention center
• Develop and implement comprehensive ticket sales programs
• Plan, direct, evaluate and provide leadership to Box Office personnel
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external customers
• Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
• Comprehend and make inferences from written sales materials
• Exercise confidentiality and integrity upon handling customer personal/financial information
• Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork and dedication to HYD principles
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES / NO: Do you 5+ years of box office/ticketing experience, including supervisory experience?
2. YES / NO: Have you earned a BA / BS from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business management, sports management, business administration or other related field?
3. To be considered, please list your salary requirement.
CORPORATE SALES MANAGER - Front Row Marketing Services (Augusta, GA)
Location: Augusta Entertainment Complex/James Brown Arena & Bell Auditorium (Augusta, Georgia)
Status: Full Time; Salary + Commissions
Reports To: Project Manager, Regional Director & Regional VP
Summary: The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for working with and assisting the Project Manager and Regional Director in executing club seat and advertising sales and servicing effort on behalf of the James Brown Arena and the Bell Auditorium, which makes up the Augusta Entertainment Complex, in Augusta Georgia. Basic function includes club seat and corporate sponsorships sales along with finding ways to grow revenue for the building while maintaining high levels of client services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for prospecting, selling, cultivating and maintaining club seat and corporate sponsorships sales for the complex
• Responsible for making cold calls & sales presentations for the complex
• Responsible for servicing and fulfillment of club seats for all events (Includes but not limited to processing and mailing tickets, contracts, assist in updating and sending collateral, and follow-up of meetings)
• Servicing and fulfillment of Corporate Sponsorship contracts of building and events
• Responsible for working and attending all events, promotions, complex events and Front Row Marketing events
• Completing and updating reporting systems
• Creation and development of sales presentation materials and collateral materials
• Liaison with accounting, box office, team personnel, building personnel and Front Row Marketing Services
• Attend weekly sales meeting and create reporting system to corporate
• Responsible for working with outside agencies/vendors to get all corporate partnerships signage created and placed
• Responsible for creating year end recaps for corporate partners
• Responsible for communicating to client and prospects through various means including direct contact, newsletters, corporate partner gathering, etc.
• Work with the marketing department on opportunities to cross sell corporate partners
• Other duties as assigned by General Manager of building, Project Manager, and Regional Director
• Demonstrates or has prior advertising/sponsorship experience/knowledge of local corporate market
• Previous experience in a similar working environment
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Proficiency with data processing and MS Office applications
• Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, and certain holidays as required, in addition to normal business hours
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES / NO: Do you have prior advertising/sponsorship experience in the Augusta, GA area?
2. YES / NO: Are you capable of working nights, all events, weekends, and certain holidays as required, in addition to normal business hours?
3. To be considered, please list your compensation range requirement?
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Notification of Internships - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
From time to time, Comcast-Spectacor and its entities will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities with Comcast-Spectacor and its properties. This is a notification only, not an application for a job. Thank you. If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions.