Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
GROUP SALES MANAGER - Chaifetz Arena at St. Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
Company: Global Spectrum
Venue: Chaifetz Arena (St. Louis, MO)
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for daily operations promoting group ticket sales to applicable events, including sales calls and making client appointments. This position is accountable for actively soliciting, managing, and maintaining group sales accounts and relationships. Additional responsibilities include marketing and sellingfamily shows, Billikens Basketball, concerts, and other special events. The Group Sales Manager will complete all administrative tasks and assure that reports are accurate and timely.
•Responsible for all aspects of the sales, marketing, and solicitation of new business opportunities for the group sales department and single event suites at Chaifetz Arena
•Promote group sales for selected family shows, special events, and dinner packages
•Actively sell premium inventory for special events to existing suite-holders and single-event purchasers
•Develop and implement all aspects of sales plans for family shows and selected events
•Serve as the liaison with promoters on group sales plans and budgets
•Manage the creation and implementation of sales related collateral pieces
•Assist with development and implementation of revenue and expense budget for group sales department
•Create event settlements as required
•Track and manage weekly sales reports
•Responsible for continuing development of group sales department at Chaifetz Arena and creation of new revenue streams for department through previously established relationships as well as cultivating relationships with new clients.
•Responsible for recruiting, hiring, trainingand leading the Chaifetz Arena Marketing and Group Sales Internship
•Actively participate in marketing department initiatives as assigned by the Director of Marketing
•Event day responsibilities as required
•Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
•College degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field or equivalent related experience
•Excellent verbal/written communication skills
•Superior customer service skills
•Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls
•Ability to work event nights/weekends as required
•Strong organizational skills
•Previous sales experience is preferred
Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Event Operations/Management
OPERATIONS MANAGER - Chaifetz Arena at St. Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
Company: Global Spectrum
Venue: Chaifetz Arena (St. Louis, MO)
Reports To: Director of Events and Operations
Supervises: Operations Coordinator and Part-Time Operations Support Staff
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in building maintenance as well as building changeover work in an Arena, Convention Center or Public Assembly Facility including set-up/housekeeping, event coordination or related field. Supervisory responsibility required
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university in a related field (Facility Management, Engineering, Sports Management, etc.) required
• Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
• Capable of operating forklifts, scissor lifts, and floor cleaning equipment
• Must have a demonstrated ability to function and prioritize in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and possess superior interpersonal, written and communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ADP Payroll system and AutoCad, or other design software, is a plus
• Ability to work nights, weekends and select holidays, in addition to traditional business hours, is required
Essential Job Functions:
• Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in maintenance and operations in a 10,000 seat multi-purpose arena
• Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
• Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
• Participate in the development and administration of the Operations budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary.
• Oversee the set-up of events; coordinate facility arrangements with all necessary vendors; direct and monitor the work of all operations staff
• Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
• Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system.
• Develop long range plans for future events
• Coordinate between changeover crew and housekeeping needs with Operations Coordinator and PT Leads
• Maintain departmental equipment
• Work closely with Event Managers to ensure all details of the events are accounted for
• Conduct meetings prior to each shift in order to review and/or distribute work assignments
• Maintain employee paperwork, including attendance, payroll, disciplinary procedures, etc.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
• The essential functions of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.