Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
General Manager - Spectra FH - Xinity Center (Everett, WA)
PLEASE NOTE* After you submit an applicant through Teamwork Online for this position, you will be redirected to also apply on our Comcast Spectacor Careers page. If you do not apply on CS Careers, your application for the position will not be considered.
Are you that dynamic professional, who sees the big picture, yet you also excel in managing all the details? If so, this is your opportunity! We are Spectra Food Services & Hospitality, a nationally ranked food service company servicing various entertainment facilities throughout the United States and Canada. We are seeking an experienced General Manager at the Xfinity Arena inEverett, WA.
In this role you will be responsible for the efficient, professional, and profitable operations management of the venue. In addition, you will be overseeing every managerial, full time, and part time position and ensuring full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation and food-related ordinances, and alcohol service regulations. This position reports to the Regional VP.
This is an exciting and demanding opportunity requiring you to be team-oriented, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, event driven environment. If you have the qualifications, then we want to speak to you. Apply today.
As our General Manager, you will also be responsible for employee relations, corrective actions, and coaching. You will also be counseling employees and completing all the necessary HR related paperwork.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Generating and reviewing financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis; disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control; and P&L financial statements
- Making the final decision on equipment purchases and leases
- Engaging in conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable; writing and amending policies & procedures, as well as contracts
- Preparing required reports accurately and submitting them on time; following up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines
- Developing an effective management team; giving the managers clear direction and feedback on their work; evaluating each manager’s performance and making recommendations for their improvement
- Reviewing and assisting in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads
- Establishing and maintaining personal relationships with show managers, suppliers, vendors, and the public that projects the venue in a positive light
As our General Manager, you must have the education and operations experience necessary for this position.
Additional requirements include:
- Communicating with internal staff and guests in a clear, professional, and courteous manner
- Making sound business/general decisions quickly and under pressure
- Proficient Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Ovations and venue concession and premium services
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
Education and Experience
- MA or MS; BA or BS with business-related major; accounting minor or credits, preferred
- Minimum 5 years´ management experience in food-related or concessions industry
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification