Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Current available jobs that best match general motors:
Sales & Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
ASSISTANT MANAGER, ICE SALES & PROGRAMMING- PART TIME - General Motors Centre (Oshawa, ON)
Under the direction of the Ice Sales & Programming Manager, you will be directly involved in daily ice programming with specific emphasis on the Durham Central Adult Hockey League.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Booking ice using the CLASS registration system
- Processing payments on confirmed dates and ensuring permits are paid before rentals are permitted to use the ice
- Responding to customer inquiries regarding ice rates and availability
- Liaising with City of Oshawa personnel regarding City approved permits and ensuring proper policies and procedures are in place
- Develop and establish the ice user pool to best utilize ice usage
- Assist Ice Sales & Programming Manager with the departmental budget and DCAHL budget
- Perform general administrative duties such as data entry, filing and website management
- Calculate and obtain nightly staff payouts for the DCAHL
- Supervise and evaluate DCAHL contractors
- Assist with managing the DCAHL teams and players
- Develop and coordinate ice programming
- Work together with user groups during tournaments and special events
- Complete daily ice sales deposit for cash, credit, cheque and debit payments
- Control and print DCAHL game sheets, vouchers and rosters on game nights
- Communicate important information with team representatives such as suspensions, upcoming tournaments, parking notices, payment issues and other related concerns/announcements
- Act as Manager in the absence of the Ice Sales & Programming Manager
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Ice Sales & Programming Manager.
- Twelve months relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills and supervision experience
- Intermediate knowledge of hockey and ice programming
- Prior usage of the CLASS registration system would definitely be an asset
- Prior experience in team and league management would be an asset
- Working computer knowledge – Outlook, Excel, Word
Education / Training:
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma, preferably in Sports Administration, Recreation & Leisure or a related field
- Certification in Standard First Aid/CPR and WHMIS is required
Start and end times for shifts worked are often outside the hours of public transportation requiring the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license and access to a motorized vehicle.
This position is required to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES / NO: Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
2. YES / NO: Do you currently live in the Durham Region?
3. Do you have previous league or event based experience?
Apply for this position |
Go back job listings
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ