Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Conversion Crew
BUILDING ATTENDANT (Part-Time) - Iowa Events Center (Des Moines, IA)
Location: Des Moines, IA
Reports To: Operations Supervisory Staff
Status: Part Time Hourly; Non Exempt
The Part Time Building Attendant is an on call, per event employee who works specifically in the areas of housekeeping, grounds maintenance, room sets and arena conversions at the Iowa Events Center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to…):
• Set-up and tear down including: risers, chairs, tables, pipe and drape and other items as needed for events at facility.
• Execute accurate and timely completion of cleaning checklists and room sets
• Handle folding chairs, stacking chairs, tables of various shapes and sizes, drapery and skirting
• Responsible for safe use of various supplies including variety of cleaning chemicals, mops, brooms, shovels and scrapers
• Operate an assortment of equipment including: buffers/burnishers, rider sweepers/scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, snow removal equipment and others as needed
• Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
• Exemplify the How You Doin philosophies
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
• Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
• Experience in public facility highly preferred
• Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of team
• Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to set-up, tear down or clean in various areas of the building and grounds. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of furniture, dance floor, carpet or other items as necessary. Employee will as needed operate various machines in cleaning and maintenance of building; employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.