Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales Management
DIRECTOR OF TICKET SALES - Iowa Barnstormers (Des Moines, IA)
The lead ticket sales representative for the organization – assisting with training, mentoring, motivating, and coaching the Barnstormers ticket sales staff. Will assist in development and implementation of all season ticket and group ticket sales plan designed to meet annual goals set by the organization. Maintain existing contracts through exceptional customer service as well as pursue new leads and customers. Reports directly to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, plan and implement all ticket sales strategies and campaigns.
- Provide overall leadership for entire ticket sales department.
- Be the lead ticket sales contact for organization
- Produce timely, accurate reports that monitors the progress of the sales team individually and collectively for General Manager.
- Responsible for the short and long term sales objectives and action plans, sales goals and oversees the effectiveness of those plans toward meeting the overall goals.
- Coordinate with Ovations Food Services for ticket related programs.
- Develop campaigns for name collection and group leader incentives.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise ticket sales staff to achieve ticket sales results.
- Manage various group assets/fan experiences in order to maximize group ticket sales.
- Responsible for monitoring all sales phone call and appointment activity to achieve the overall sales goals and objectives.
- Be lead contact with Iowa Events Center ticket office.
- Work with marketing department to have it assist in the group ticket sales effort.
- Work with members of corporate sales staff to assist in corporate ticket sales effort.
- Work all games and ticket related events.
- Other duties assigned by General Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Good creative history of revenue generating ticket plans and strategies
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in ticket sales
- Unsurpassed customer service skills
- High level of integrity
- Willingness and understanding of working long hours, including some holiday’s and weekends.