Current available jobs that best match mass mutual:
» DIRECTOR OF SALES - Mass Mutual Convention Center (Springfield, MA)
» EVENT MANAGER - Mass Mutual Center (Springfield, MA)
» Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
Sales & Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
DIRECTOR OF SALES - Mass Mutual Convention Center (Springfield, MA)
Job Title: Director of Sales
Reports to: General Manager, Assistant General Manager
Supervises: Sales Managers
Summary: Responsible for the overall tasks related to Sales for the facility. Leads all sales personnel in establishing goals, procedures, and daily duties. Ability to perform all tasks completed by supervised personnel in their absence.
Status: Full-time Salaried
Job Functions: (including, but not limited to):
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Nonessential Job Functions:
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Event Operations/Management
EVENT MANAGER - Mass Mutual Center (Springfield, MA)
Job Title: EVENT MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Events
Supervises: Exercises functional supervision over facility Event Staff
Summary: The MassMutual Center is a meeting, sports and entertainment complex consisting of an arena and a convention center. Responsibilities of the Event Managers include, but are not limited to planning, and coordinating multiple events; coordinating the work of facility events staff; serving as liaison to all facility users; and to provide responsible staff assistance to the Assistant General Manager.
Status: Full-time; Salaried
Job Functions (including, but not limited to):
· Participate in the supervision of all event staff
· Meet with facility clients in advance of events and assist in determining event needs; provide information and direction to operations and support staff including audio/visual, telecommunications, set-up, custodial, maintenance, security, and admissions personnel.
· Prepare drawing, layout, diagrams, instructions, set-up requirements, and supporting documentation for each event and distribute to appropriate staff; communicate changes before and during events.
· Submit service request to appropriate departments to schedule event staff according to client request; meet with clients to resolve set-up changes; ensure compliance with applicable fire, building, and safety codes.
· Serve as facility representative at events; enforce facility policies and procedures throughout each event; identify and resolve event problems; resolve public complaints.
· Prepare written evaluations of the events; distribute to appropriate management staff.
· Answer questions and provide information to facility clients; support sales department to determine if prospective clients are appropriate for facility use; conduct facility tours as needed.
· Prepare written cost estimate to all clients in advance of their event as well as to prospective clients.
· Assist in providing training to events staff.
· Maintain accurate and complete files, records and other documents relating to assigned responsibilities.
· Participate on a variety of committees; both internal and external to the facility
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
· 1-3 years of experience in direct support of events in a public assembly facility, or related position; specific experience working in a hotel or convention center preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public relations, marketing, business administration, or a related field.
· Ability to provide exception customer service even in stressful situations
· Very strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Very strong ability to meet deadlines with high quality results in an environment
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, tasks and duties
· Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid MA driver’s license.
· Possession of, or ability to obtain, a current CPR certificate.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ