Current available jobs that best match mass mutual:
» DIRECTOR OF EVENT SERVICES - Mass Mutual Convention Center (Springfield, MA)
» Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Event Operations/Management
DIRECTOR OF EVENT SERVICES - Mass Mutual Convention Center (Springfield, MA)
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF EVENT SERVICES
Company: Global Spectrum
Location: MassMutual Center
Reports To: Assistant General Manager
Supervises: Event Managers, Exercises functional supervision over facility Event Staff and Operations Staff
Status: Full-Time; Salaried
The Director of Event Services is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of service delivery methods. Directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of Event Services functions assuring the highest quality service program to assure rebooking of events. Director of Event Services provides highly responsible staff assistance to the Assistant General Manager.
· Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in event management or conference services with a conference center, hotel or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
· Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in facility management, hospitality management, marketing, public relations, business management, or other related field; additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
· Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR certificate
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Public Assembly facility management
· Operational characteristics of events
· Principles and practices of conference/event services
· Needs of users of the facility
· Customer service practices
· Facility use contracts
· Fire and public safety regulations
· Food service practices and regulations
· A/V equipment and electronic systems in public assembly facilities
· Budget preparation and control
· Public Relations
· Terminology used in entertainment/convention/public assembly settings
· Relevant federal, state and local regulations
· Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, and Internet software
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to…)
· Supervise event activities for all facility events
· Direct, coordinate and oversee the activities of employees engaged in providing event coordination, telecommunications, technical support, audio-visual services, food & beverage, event security, fire regulation compliance, exhibitor services, box office, operations and overall client satisfaction during events
· Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate and evaluate Event Managers, provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
· Exercise direct supervision over Event Managers.
· Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time.
· Assist the General Manager in planning, directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the Conference Center.
· Address and recommend action on personnel matters
· Consult with exhibit managers, promoters, conference representatives, and others concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for licensed areas; prepare work orders and cost-estimates accordingly
· Inspect facilities to ensure they are being maintained properly for events
· Develop and implement programs, policies and procedures for the Center
· In conjunction with (or in lieu of…) Director of Operations/Security, develop crowd management and event staffing plans and supervise event staff during events
· Ensure accuracy in computing of costs for post-event billing of services and equipment rental charges
· Work closely with the general public by monitoring services provided and addressing complaints in a timely manner
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
· Conduct planning and operational meetings as required to ensure smooth coordination of event activities
· Assist sales managers in preparation of pre-booking cost estimates
· Track, record and report labor allocations in all areas of functional responsibility for purposes of forecasting, benchmarking and budgeting
· Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all event related programs and activities
· Prepare and present regular staff reports and other related correspondence
· Work with other department directors in a variety of tasks
· Develop or direct the development and preparation of comprehensive management reports and manuals
· Interpret and apply all relevant federal, state and local regulations
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users
· Perform other duties as required
· Operational characteristics, services and activities of conference/event management and multi-purpose public assembly facility management, including, but not limited to, needs of users of large public assembly facilities, crowd management and control techniques and customer service practices
· Technical requirement, methods, equipment, materials, and or other systems as they apply to facility events including, but not limited to event staging and maintenance, current event booking or event management software, food service practices, and audio visual equipment
· Principles and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluation
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and internet applications
· Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
· Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days
· Provide administrative and professional leadership and direction for all event related activities
· Plan, service, and supervise large events
· Recommend and implement goals, objectives, and practices for providing effective and efficient customer service
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
· While performing duties of job, the employee constantly moving. Employee will be required to bend, stoop, climb ladders and lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
· The duties of this position are both indoors and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud to during event days and minimal during non-event days.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ