Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Event Operations/Management
ICE RINK MANAGER - Mullins Center (UMass) (Amherst, MA)
Summary: To manage, supervise and coordinate the practice rink in regards to the booking and scheduling of ice time for various user groups.
- Responsible for the booking and scheduling of ice time for numerous UMass user groups as well as the general public.
- Maintain and update public rink calendar on both facility website and hard copy distribution.
- Development and execution of contracts for each individual users.
- Work closely with finance department to execute monthly invoicing for each individual user.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and managing all rink staff.
- Properly maintain ice surface in practice rink as well as main arena to insure optimal ice quality.
- Work closely with UMass hockey program as well as all other users to meet all their requests in a proper, timely manner.
- Weekly and monthly maintenance of both Zamboni and Olympia ice resurfacers.
- Monitoring rink air quality and maintaining a log.
- All general maintenance that goes along with day to day rink operations.
- Close coordination with Director of Operations and Lead Engineer on physical plant issues that need to be addressed.
- Development of in-house programs to generate additional rink revenues.
- May work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of Zamboni and Olympia resurfacing machines as well as ice upkeep.
- Excellent organizational skills and customer service skills
Spectra Venue Management is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.