Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Custodial/Housekeeping
OPERATIONS TEAM (Maintenance/Change-Over Crew, Housekeeping and Audio-Visual Staff) - Owensboro Convention Center (Owensboro, KY)
Company: Global Spectrum
Venue: Owensboro Convention Center
Reports To: Venue Services Manager/Director of Operations
Status: Part-time, Hourly, Event Schedule Based
Our guests are important individuals and should be treated with extraordinary courtesy, respect and service. The Operations Team makes our building function properly for each and every client or patron who walks through the doors. These positions set-up, maintain and tear-down equipment for each event while meeting the needs of every customer. Guests become unhappy when we fail to meet their expectations. Our Operations Team plays a key roll in providing our guests with superior service.
Always remember that our guests are our most important concern. They should never be thought of as an interruption; they are our livelihood.
Standards of Excellence
1. Smile, Greet, Say “How you doin”?
2. Thoughtfulness of our guests and employees
3. Offer help before the guest asks – May I help you? – NEVER say “Next”
4. Get the answers or someone who can – I’ll find out – NOT “I don’t’ know”
5. Appearance and Posture – complete compliance with our dress code; neat and well groomed, trimmed beard, clean shaven; uniform to fit properly; hems are to break at top of shoe, no cuffs permitted; fanny packs only; company issued pins. Posture – no leaning against chairs, walls or railings.
• Must be at least 18 years of age for all positions
• Must be available for at least ½ of all events occurring within each month
• Prior experience in similar job preferred
• Ability to manage high stress fast-paced environment
• Able to work a variety of events including exhibit shows, concerts, conferences, conventions, meetings and banquets
• Must have a pleasant and outgoing personality
• Must be friendly, courteous and polite with a positive upbeat attitude
• For Maintenance, forklift operator safety certification is desired, but not required
• Maintenance and Housekeeping must have previous knowledge of cleaning chemicals, cleaning equipment and their proper use
• Audio-Visual Operators must have prior knowledge and experience with AV equipment
Essential Job Functions:
• Be familiar with venue layout, procedures and building policies
• Able to work with little supervision
• Able to interact with guests and other staff in a positive and productive manner
• Maintain control of your assigned sections or area
• Anticipate and correct any trouble situations in your area
• Know general building information and locations of various amenities
• Ensure areas are safe for patrons and staff
• Use chemicals and equipment properly and safely
• Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons
Nonessential Job Functions:
• Perform other duties as assigned
Intellectual/Social/Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social/physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly stands and/or moves about/around the facility to observe, report and provide superior service; constantly communicates with others to exchange accurate information and provide customer service.
• The essential functions of this position are usually performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.