Current available jobs that best match ppl:
Information Technology: IT Database Management/Services
IT/AV MANAGER - PPL Center (Allentown, PA)
This position shall provide “troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and show control services…” for the facility including video production, audio, and digital signage if applicable as well as oversee all IT functions of the facility.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of related experience in Audio/Visual Support in a public assembly venue.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer software including Microsoft Office applications, event management software and Internet proficiency, Windows Remote Desktop Client,
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a related field required.
- Must be able to work regular business hours as well as evenings, weekends, holidays and events as required.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- Experience with specialized training and in technical services area a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills and principles
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Solid understanding of connecting and setting up Windows PC to an existing network
- Troubleshooting basic computer hardware and software issues including Outlook email support
- Willing to be on call for emergency technical support
- Experience with ANC, Daktroniks or other comparable LED control system
- Ability to troubleshoot digital video routing, patching, and signal issues on professional grade video system
- Basic understanding of fiber-optics
- Experience working with professional grade video cameras
- Ability to be taught and quickly learn new audio visual and information technology control systems and software
- Solid understanding of HD-SDI video patching/routing, fiber routing a plus
- Oversee a part-time staff of 8-10 per event including: camera crew (3-5), audio tech (1), director (1), replay (1), graphics (2).
- Work with show staff in facilitating house video production.
- Schedule crew calls for events
- Send part time a/v crew payroll to accounting department after each event
- Train part time crew members on house audio visual gear
- Consult with clients regarding audio visual needs and changes.
- Support building phone systems including troubleshooting broken phones, running new lines for shows, adding new employees into server
- In-Game responsibilities include performing as the Technical Director / Producer.
- Oversee repair and maintenance of all in-house installed audio systems and digital signage.
- Keep equipment up to date with all firmware/software upgrades
- Maintain active list of all equipment’s warranty status
- Maintain video equipment and control room.
- Work with dealers, installers to plan annual system maintenance and contact appropriate parties for help when a warranty item needs to be fixed
- Set up, operate, troubleshoot, and tear down audio visual equipment for conventions, concerts, stage productions, speeches meetings, social functions and a variety of other events and performances. Including analogue/digital audio consoles, self-powered speakers, microphones
- Assist contracted IT support with technical needs with the facility including:
- Ensure all IT and phone needs of each event are met
- Maintain the Troubleshoot internet connections and ISPs
- Maintain buildings RF/Cable systems (In-house video feeds)
- Ensure prompt service to all employees with all needs, troubleshooting and on-site technology
- Set expectations with all Event Managers concerning IT and phone request for events
- Connect route and distribute telecommunication and internet services to client meeting spaces throughout the facility as requested by clients
- Provide technical advising to other departments.
- Work with Marketing Department to produce event specific audiovisual marketing materials.
- Operate outside rented or client provided equipment.
- Recommend audio visual equipment and services to accommodate clients’ needs.
- Perform both preventative and corrective maintenance to all in-house audio visual equipment and make technical recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Work with staff and clients in the pre-event planning stages of events.
- Recommend new services and equipment to be state of the art and heighten revenue.
- Recommend appropriate staffing coverage and work flow for booked events.
- Assume additional responsibilities helping with Operations and Events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Important Systems to Know
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ