Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Food/Beverage Management
BANQUET MANAGER - Pueblo Convention Center (Pueblo, CO)
About the Venue:
The Pueblo Convention Center is proudly and professionally managed by Global Spectrum. We currently have over 21,000 square feet of meeting space, featuring 16,200 square feet of premium and ballroom space, 3,000 square feet in five inviting meeting rooms and a generous 2,120 square foot pre-function lounge, making us the ideal destination for your next meeting, conference, convention, trade-show or banquet. We can serve up to 1,000 people at one time with our capacity. We also manage Memorial Hall, which is a 1,600 seat theater nestled near the Pueblo Riverwalk.
The ideal candidate will have between 3-5 years experience as a Manager or an Assistant Banquet Manager at a convention center, hotel property or fine dinning establishment; College Degree preferred; High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• 45 to 60+ hours a week
• Must be able to stand for at least Four Hours at a time.
• Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 25 pounds
• Reports to Director of Food and Beverage
• Develop and conduct effective training programs geared to educate banquet associates on specific job skills and to enhance the service provided to guests.
• Ensure the proper set-up, execution and breakdown of banquet functions
• Develop creative and attractive table settings, beverage stations set-up and buffet lines, etc…
• Coordinate all details for banquet events with the Event Manager(s).
• Operate and schedule department within budgetary guidelines set forth by General Manager and Director of Food and Beverage.
• Establish SMART goals for the department and communicate those to banquet associates.
• Implement policies and controls as set forth by the Director of Food and Beverage concerning Banquet operations to include, service standards, food and equipment handling, safety, breakage and sanitation, etc…
• Interact effectively with guests, and greet main client. Resolve guest complaints and exercise effective decision making ability. Report any food related problems or allergen to the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
• Maintain effective communication with banquet associates, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns, and work to resolve any issues that may arise.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and production meetings.
• Communicate effectively with Catering Staff on all banquet events, guest comments and complaints, head counts, as well as acting as a liaison between client and operations department.
• Supervise the proper handling and storage of all Banquet furniture, fixtures, equipment and supplies.
• Ensure department is stocked with adequate supplies of all service wear, linen, disposables and all other items used during service. Ensure the staff is trained on where to find all the items they will need to stock their area with supplies.
• Execution of beverage consumption for events and monthly beverage inventories.
• Effectively scheduling banquet associates to the event load.
• Creating and Filling out labor allocation sheets for the Director of Food and Beverage to review.
• Ensure that Events are being supervised either by Banquet Manager or a banquet captain.
• For creating wait staff work logs for all banquet events. Also for writing a daily timeline for banquet associates to follow to assure we keep to our deadlines.
• Creating concessions sheets for Pueblo Convention Center and Memorial Hall, as well as scheduling for concessions.
• Execution of Quarterly Reviews of banquet associates.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.