Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Event Operations/Management
BOSS ARENA OPERATIONS MANAGER - Ryan Center & Boss Ice Arena (Kingston, RI)
PLEASE NOTE* After you submit an applicant through Teamwork Online for this position, you will be redirected to also apply on our Comcast Spectacor Careers page. If you do not apply on CS Careers, your application for the position will not be considered.
OVERVIEW: The Operations Manager will be responsible for supervising day-to-day facility operations of the Boss Ice Arena during events and non-event times. The Operations Manager will assist the Director of Ice Rink with planning and implementation of associated work tasks as well as assist in supervising the part-time staff to ensure that the facility is in excellent working order. This position will have direct responsibilities dealing with building maintenance and ice related duties.
- Ensure ice and building are maintained in excellent working order, including taking the ice surface out and bringing it back up as required
- Required to drive the Ice Resurfacer (currently a Zamboni) as needed
- Assist Director of Ice Rink in project planning and execution
- Repair and detect any broken and/or malfunctioning equipment as needed including off-season projects in order to enhance the facility
- Create and implement Ice Maintenance Training Programs for staff members
- Prepare Ice Maintenance Schedule and documentation
- Prepare Ice and Building Evaluation Summary for Director of Ice Rink, including Needs Analysis and Purchase Orders for each individual project
- Serve as Manager-on-Duty when Director of Ice Rink is not present in the building, including the oversight of public program sessions and events as needed
- Oversee part-time Ice Techs in regards to driving the Ice Resurfacer to maintain the ice, including serving as a back-up as needed
- Responsible for snow removal as required
- Provide clean, sanitary and safe internal and external areas of the facility
- Assist with customer service initiatives on event days
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Ice Rink.
- Experience with building maintenance operations, ice making and equipment operations, and ice resurfacer maintenance
- CIT and/or STAR Operator preferred; college degree is preferred but not required.
- Medium level of proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays in addition to traditional business hours, is required.
- Must be able to lift or move items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language as well as strong organizational skills.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid drivers’ license
Intellectual / Social / Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in a leadership role, requiring directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in a prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, and the ability to openly communicate verbally and in writing to clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the building and ice to perform essential functions (Zamboni and building maintenance) and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER