Sales & Marketing: Marketing
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - Salina Bicentennial Center (Salina, KS)
Entity: Global Spectrum
Location: Salina Bicentennial Center
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Interns & Seasonal Part-Time Staff
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the promotion of concerts, sporting events, and shows within the Bicentennial Center as well as coordinating group sales and corporate sponsorship efforts. This individual is responsible for maintaining relationships with media partners, and ensuring fulfillment of contracts while overseeing the media buying and billing process. This individual will manage, supervise and coordinate all the activities of the marketing department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility. The Director of Marketing will implement marketing plans, manage event advertising budgets and promotions and ensure successful sales for events.
• Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably with a sports facility/team, convention center, or other multi-purpose public assembly facility; supervisory responsibility required
• Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising/sponsorship, and PR program development
• Extensive knowledge of budget preparation and control
• Working knowledge of website maintenance
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Neolane Client Console preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing
• Knowledge of media buying and promotions
• Knowledge of budget preparation and control
• Ability to work beyond normal business hours as required, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Working knowledge of Paciolan ticketing software preferred
• Create and implement marketing, public relations and group ticket sales campaigns for various concerts, family shows and sporting events to maximize event awareness and exposure.
• Handle the day-to-day operations of the website - including updating events, design, and implementation of promotional concepts.
• Oversee and manage the e-mail subscriber database including developing ways to increase the database as well as creating and distributing ticket-driving newsletters/email.
• Manage and implement ticket sales-driven promotions on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ as well as develop key marketing campaigns using viral marketing techniques.
• Pitch stories, write press releases, create public relations events, generate media hits, and build relationships with local media and outlying markets.
• Serve as a liaison between media and show promoter or publicist to achieve PR goals.
• Manage internal and external public relations such as event announcements, marquee and website updates, and reporting to trade publications.
• Manage event settlement packets, including collecting invoices, coding and creating a back-up packet.
• Oversee the implementation of event marketing plans, including media buying, trade, public relations, grassroots, group sales, third party relationships, community relations, etc.
• Responsible for all third party retail efforts including relationship building, contract execution, and idea generation.
• Manage all grassroots efforts including poster & flyer distribution, community appearances and overall expansion of marketing campaigns to maximize event awareness and exposure.
• Design promotional materials such as flyers and posters for select events at the venue.
• Track and manage daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all Group Sales programs and activities.
• Develop and implement all aspects of group and premium sales plans.
• Develop and implement all revenue and expense budgets for group sales.
• Recruit, hire, train, and manage a team of interns each semester.
• Carry out all assigned duties and responsibilities, including additional tasks as needed - to help achieve the overall goal of a successful season and department.
• Work directly with box office staff to implement super group codes and promotional codes as needed.
• Manage venue how You don’? customer service program.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.