Graphic / Video / Multi-Media Design: Audio/Video Editing and Production
IT / AV Manager - Sears Centre Arena (Hoffman Estates, IL)
Company: Global Spectrum
Location: Sears Centre Arena (Hoffman Estates, IL)
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Supervises: PT Tech Crew
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
Closing Date: Open Until Closed/Filled
This position shall provide media services for the facility including video production, audio, and digital signage if applicable as well as oversee all IT functions of the facility.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
• Oversee a part-time staff of 8-10 per event including: camera crew (3-5), audio tech (1), director (1), replay (1), graphics (2).
• Work with show staff in facilitating house video production.
• Consult with clients regarding audio visual needs and changes.
• Support building phone systems.
• In-Game responsibilities include performing as the Technical Director / Producer.
Produce/Edit in-house video/audio production, which may include team highlight video, marketing tapes, PR tapes, television commercials, etc.
• Oversee repair and maintenance of all in-house installed audio systems and digital signage.
• Maintain video equipment and control room.
• Set up, operate, troubleshoot, and tear down audio visual equipment for conventions, concerts, stage productions, speeches meetings, social functions and a variety of other events and performances.
• Ensure all IT and phone needs of each event are met
• Maintain the Troubleshoot internet connections and ISPs
• Maintain buildings RF/Cable systems
• Ensure prompt service to all employees (including tenants and Levy) with all needs, troubleshooting and on-site technology
• Set expectations with all Event Managers concerning IT and phone request for events
• Connect route and distribute telecommunication and internet services to client meeting spaces throughout the facility as requested by clients
• Provide technical advising to other departments.
• Work with Marketing Department to produce event specific audiovisual marketing materials.
• Operate outside rented or client provided equipment.
• Recommend audio visual equipment and services to accommodate clients’ needs.
• Perform both preventative and corrective maintenance to all in-house audio visual equipment and make technical recommendations for improvement as needed.
• Work with staff and clients in the pre-event planning stages of events.
• Recommend new services and equipment to be state of the art and heighten revenue.
• Recommend appropriate staffing coverage and work flow for booked events.
• Assume additional responsibilities helping with Operations and Events as needed.
Non Essential Functions:
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 1 - 2 years of related experience in Audio/Visual Support in a public assembly venue.
• Proficient in the use of personal computer software including Microsoft Office applications, event management software and Internet proficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a related field required.
• Must be able to work regular business hours as well as evenings, weekends, holidays and events as required.
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service, listening and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
• Experience with specialized training and in technical services area a must
• Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills and principles
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crouch; and sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds, work in high places on ladders and motorized lift equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Notification of Jobs in Future - Comcast-Spectacor and its Entities (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Comcast-Spectacor and its entities, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the appropriate notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.