Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Food/Beverage Management
BANQUET SERVER - Enid Event Center and Convention Hall (Enid, OK)
Company: Global Spectrum
Location: Enid Event Center & Convention Hall
Reports to: Executive Chef/Food and Beverage Director and/or Banquet Captain
Status: Part-time: Hourly; Nonexempt
Servers are responsible for taking orders for food and drinks and relaying the orders to the kitchen staff. They are responsible for serving appetizers, salads, and soups before the main course. When main course is ready to be served, Banquet Servers are responsible for making sure orders are complete and accurate.
JOB FUNCTIONS: (including to but not limited to)
• Refill all drinks and beverages.
• Remove dishes and glasses from table and take them to the kitchen or breakdown station.
• Remove and replace table linens and service settings as required.
• Clean and arrange work stations, chairs, and table pieces.
• Refill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, and condiment containers.
• Give menu descriptions to customers, and answer questions regarding preparation.
• Memorize or write down special orders from customers.
• Relay orders to the chef or kitchen.
• Prepare beverages for customers or serve wine.
• Serve meals to customers or direct customers to buffets, while wearing appropriate hair restraints(i.e. hairnet or other approved restraint).
• Observe customers to find out if anything else is needed.
• Determine when the meal and beverages have been finished.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Work experience in events, banquets or restaurants.
• High school diploma or equivalent GED strongly preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to, nights weekends and select holidays
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
• Ability to read with strong oral and written communications skills in the English language.
• Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to identify problems
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must have a customer-focused, positive and professional attitude